https://www.hollandinnovation.cn/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logo_holland_innovation_105.svg 0 0 hollandinnovation https://www.hollandinnovation.cn/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logo_holland_innovation_105.svg hollandinnovation2013-01-22 21:20:002013-01-22 21:20:00China’s top 10 science and technology progress of 2012
Reported by Xinhua News last weekend, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Engineering unveiled the following top ten science and technology progress of China for the year 2012 .
- Three Chinese astronauts on June 24 successfully completed a manual docking between the Shenzhou-9 spacecraft and the orbiting Tiangong-1 lab module, the first such attempt in China’s history of space exploration.
- China’s manned submersible, the Jiaolong, set a new national dive record after reaching more than 7,000 meters below sea level during its dive tests in the Pacific Ocean in June.
- The world’s first high-speed railway in areas with extremely low temperatures, the Harbin-Dalian rail, which runs through three provinces in northeast China, started operation on Dec. 1.
- China on Feb. 6 published a set of full coverage of moon map and moon images with a resolution of seven meters captured by the country’s second moon orbiter, the Chang’e-2.
- The Chinese Sunway BlueLight supercomputer, which was built with domestically produced microprocessors and is capable of performing around one-thousand-trillion calculations per second, on Sept. 11 passed the examination of the experts panel organized by the Ministry of Science and Technology.
- China on July 29 successfully conducted tests on its new 120-tonne-thrust liquid oxygen and kerosene engine for its new generation carrier rocket, the Long March-5.
- Research led by Chinese professor Jian-Wei Pan on the experimental demonstration of topological error correction with an eight-photon cluster state marked a breakthrough in quantum information processing research. It was published by the Nature journal in February.
- Chinese and foreign physicists during the Daya Bay Reactor Neutrino Experiment have confirmed and measured a third type of neutrino oscillation. That was announced on March 8.
- The Ministry of Science and Technology announced on Jan. 11 that the country has approved a hepatitis E vaccine developed by researchers from Xiamen University and Xiamen Innovax Biotech Co. Ltd. in east China’s Fujian Province.
- China on Oct. 28 unveiled Asia’s biggest radio telescope in Shanghai, which is used to track and collect data from satellites and space probes.