After the preparatory workshops on Green Economy (Amsterdam) and Population Change (Shanghai), NWO preannounced a new multi-lateral research programme with the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) on two basic societal challenges: Green Economy and Understanding Population Change.
This unique multilateral collaboration with China is a joint effort of the research funding organisations of, France (ANR), Germany (DFG), The Netherlands (NWO) and the United Kingdom (ESRC). The call will be officially launched early September and will be administered by the UK partner ESRC.
All proposals should involve leading researchers from at least two different participating European countries and at least two universities or institutions from China. Applications should address one or more of the following priority areas in a coherent programme of innovative research.
- The ‘greenness and dynamics of economies’
- Institutions, policies and planning for a green economy
- The green economy in cities and metropolitan areas
- Consumer behaviour and lifestyles in a green economy
Understanding Population Change:
- Changing Life Course
- Urbanisation & Migration
- Labour Markets and Social Security Dynamics
- Methodology, Modelling & Forecasting
- Care Provision
- Comparative Policy Learning
The expected closing date of the call will be in December 2013. For more details about the Dutch participation in the programme, please visit the NWO website or contact Marcus van Leeuwen from NWO: e-mail: email@example.com, phone: + 3170 3440 931